MORE ABOUT OUR RECREATION MINISTRY:
Recreation Ministry supports the mission of FLINT GROVES BAPTIST CHURCH by using the tool of sports and recreation to introduce people to Christ, establish and affirm relationships both within the Church and with those not yet connected. Therefore, becoming “The Link” between sports, the church, the community and Christ.
OUR FOCUS IS:
· to be intentional about doing ministry within each activity as well as moving people beyond Recreational Ministries and into the Flint Groves community of faith.
· to be intentionally relational to build community within each activity and to develop personal friendships that can result in the sharing of the gospel of Christ and
· to be invitational – intentionally inviting people to experience Worship and other Flint Groves ministries. All Recreational Ministries activities are open to members of the Church as well as to the community.
SENIOR ADULT EXERCISE:
We are thankful for the opportunity to partner with the Gaston County Senior’s program and offer aerobics for those +55 and over. Class is held in the FLC on Monday and Wednesday’s from 9-10am. For more information visit, www.gastongov.com
CHAIR VOLLEYBALL FOR SENIORS:
On Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10-11am, we have Chair Volleyball for Seniors in our Gym. All those +55 should come join us for a great time of exercise and fellowship!
WEIGHT ROOM AND GYM USE:
Our weight room and gym are open to the public for their use and the use of church events. They are both open Monday-Thursday 6am-4pm. Often during the winter months, we will have volunteers who are willing to stay and take care of the facility. If this is the case, you may find the gym and weight room open until 8pm. You can always call the church office or check the church calendar to check events and see if either of the facilities are in use.
Anyone using the Gym and Weight Room must register and sign a liability release card and sign in/out of the building each time they are here. The following rules apply:
1. Shirts must be worn at all time and can not contain any type of “vulgar” language or advertisement.
2. Times and availability are subject to change at anytime depending on church events.
3. No one under the age of 12 is allowed in the building without supervision
4. Anyone between the ages of 12-16 must have a family member present with them in the room they are utilizing at all times. The family member must be over the age of 18, unless otherwise approved by the staff.
5. Personal listening devices are not permitted unless you are using headphones.
6. Remember, though this is a gym and open to everyone, it is still a Church. Please refrain from vulgar language, comments, actions or clothing.
SPORTS WE OFFER:
Tae Kwon Do
Volunteers are always needed! Please email us and get plugged in.
To help maintain the safety of our children and all those involved please complete our simple background check HERE.
WHERE CAN I SERVE?
Control Desk Volunteers
Coaches (Basketball, Cheerleading, Tumbling, Tee Ball, Soccer, Volleyball, Flag Football, etc.)
Saturday Concession Workers
Event Organizers (Banquets, etc.)
Set-up or Clean up for each sport